We know that getting in shape is at the top of many brides' Dream Wedding To Do lists, whether that means toning up your arms or losing 50 pounds. But if you're not really sure just where to start, you've come to the right place for wedding weight loss tips! If you want to look and feel your healthiest for your wedding, we advise these five basic tactics to find a fitness routine that makes sense for your lifestyle without placing a huge burden on all of your other planning tasks.
1. Set A Plan.This is the first step to really getting success out of your workouts. Thirty minutes on the elliptical one day, doing 100 crunches before bed the next, and parking at the far end of the parking lot the next week are wonderful choices to make on their own, but weight loss comes from visualizing (and sticking to) a set plan. The Knot has a fantastic long-term one, the Shape Up: 6-Month Wedding Fitness Plan, and Pinterest is brimming with options for ideal bridal body workout schedules. Find something that suits your schedule and commit.
2. Find A Workout Partner.Maybe your future hubby or your MOH are also not-so-enthusiastic about all of those not-so-natural photography angles. (This is where we shy away from what Pinterest has to offer.) Team up and motivate each other to get active, even if it's just so you can both exert maximum energy on the dance floor.
3. Fit In Four Days Of Cardio.For weight loss, we advise 30 to 45 minutes of aerobic exercise four times a week. That can be a walk on your lunch break, two Zumba classes, and a Saturday morning bike ride. Easy.
4. Consider Workouts Appointments.You wouldn't skip a scheduled fitting or a cake tasting, would you? Write your sweat sessions down in your planner just like everything else you want to do to make sure the big day is as stress-free as possible.
5. Walk To Your Wedding Errands.Speaking of all of those other pre-big-day tasks, you can use those to sneak in some more calorie burn! Haven't found your flowers yet? Scope out all of the local florists within walking distance and set aside some time to check them out. Need to mail out Save The Dates? Walk over to the post office in town. Meeting with the bridesmaids to plan your final hurrah as a single lady? Suggest a walking meeting at the closest park. Multitasking at its finest!
How are you getting in shape for your wedding? Share your wedding workout tips with us in a comment!